Roland introduces the SE-02 Analog Synthesizer
Los Angeles, CA, June 20, 2017 — Roland introduces the SE-02 Analog Synthesizer, a collaborative effort from Roland and Studio Electronics, and the debut product of the new Roland Boutique Designer Series. Featuring authentic discrete analog circuitry and hands-on controls for nearly every function, the compact SE-02 allows users to produce classic and modern sounds with vast programmability.
The SE-02’s analog synth engine features three voltage-controlled oscillators, a 24 dB low-pass filter, and a dual gain-stage amplifier. The oscillators have six different waveforms with the warmth and complex character associated with true analog VCOs. In addition, the oscillators are temperature stabilized with automatic tuning to provide solid operation while performing.
Other features include three types of cross modulation (XMOD), a filter feedback loop, a tempo-syncing LFO with nine waveforms, envelope sweeping and inverting, oscillator sync, a noise generator, and a tempo-syncing delay. The SE-02 comes equipped with 384 preset sounds that cover a wide range of classic and modern tones. With the large selection of panel controls, users can modify presets or create all-new sounds and store them in 128 available user locations.
The SE-02 also includes a 16-step sequencer that can sync to external tempo via MIDI, USB, or trigger input. Per-step gate time, adjustable glide, tempo, and patch number are stored with each sequence, and it’s possible to adjust shuffle, scale, direction, and first/last steps on the fly. Parameters can be automated by pressing a step and moving a control. Users can store 128 sequence patterns and construct 16 songs, each with up to 16 parts.
The SE-02 features standard MIDI jacks for connecting any MIDI keyboard controller. Trigger I/O and CV inputs for pitch and filter frequency allow the SE-02 to work with modular setups and other vintage gear. Routing external audio signals through the filter section is possible, while USB audio/MIDI support provides integration with computer-based setups.
- Discrete analog circuitry with knob-per-function interface
- Three voltage controlled oscillators with six waveforms
- Temperature-stabilized oscillators with automatic tuning
- 24 dB low-pass filter and dual gain-stage amplifier
- Three types of cross modulation (XMOD), feedback loop, and noise generator
- Tempo-syncing LFO with nine waveforms
- Tempo-syncing digital delay with bypass to maintain analog signal path
- Save and recall sounds with 384 preset and 128 user locations
- Musical and intuitive pattern sequencer with song mode
- Sequence notes, gate time, glide, and synth parameters
- CV, VCF CV and gate inputs, plus trigger in/out
- External Input for routing audio through the SE-02’s filter section
- Standard MIDI, USB-MIDI, and USB-Audio
- Create a polyphonic synth by using Chain Mode to connect two or more SE-02s together via MIDI